Create your Future Story…
The first step toward Getting Ahead is getting started.
Thinking about making a change? Let’s do it together!
- Join our trained facilitators for a 16-20 week, “kitchen-table style” workshop
- Meet other people committed to making positive changes in their lives
- Create an individualized plan to reach your goals
- Learn how to build resources for you and your family
- Work with a team of mentors to make a positive difference in your life
Discover your strengths, Use your unique gifts and talents, Share your experience,
Learn from others, Increase your personal resources, and Change your life!
Participants will receive:
- A workbook and supplies
- Family meals at each session
- A monetary stipend for participation
Your team of facilitators, mentors, and peers will:
- Provide encouragement and challenges to help you reach your goals
- Celebrate your personal growth and success
- Share problem-solving strategies
- Provide opportunities to build personal resources (bridging capital)
- Support you in reaching your goals after graduation from the workshop
To see if the Getting Ahead Workshop should be your next step
Contact Pat or Claire by email or call 920-617-5475
Begin Your Future Story NOW!!
Getting Ahead Workshops are coordinated by the
Society of St. Vincent de Paul’s Green Bay District Council
For Calvin and Laticia French, they wanted to succeed at more than just the day-to-day life. They wanted to have a safe place to live and learn how to be financially stable.
So, they joined the program.
See the full story from WBAY!
Care to Donate to the
Getting Ahead Workshop?
- Support a Workshop Participant
- Monetary Donations
- Meal Donations for Workshop
- Kwik Trip Gift Card ($25)
- Walmart Gift Card ($25)
- Bus Passes (Monthly)
- Boxes of Crayola 10 Colored Pencils
- Boxes of Crayola 8 Colored Markers
- Colored Highlighters
- Calculators Small (Dollar Tree)
- Staplers & Staples (Dollar Tree)
- Post it Notes
- Reams of White Paper
- Paper Plates, Napkins, Cups
- Plastic Forks, Spoons, Knives
Participant Hygiene & Cleaning Needs:
- Shampoo – 12 oz
- Conditioner – 12 oz
- Body Wash – 16 oz
- Deodorant – Men’s – 2 oz
- Deodorant – Women’s – 2 oz
- Disposable Razors – 3 or 4 pack
- Shaving Cream Men’s – 9.5 – 12 oz
- Shaving Cream Women’s – 9.5 – 12 oz
- Toothpaste – 6 oz
- Laundry Detergent – 64 oz
- Toilet Paper – 4 Roll Pack
- Dish Soap – 12.6 oz
- Glass Cleaner Spray
- All Purpose Cleanser
- Ajax or Comet Cleanser
Donations for the Getting Ahead Workshop may be brought to the St. Vincent de Paul's Personal Service Center entrance located at 920 Weise St, Suite B. (across from the store parking lot).
Thank you for supporting Systemic Change in our Community!
Thank you for everything you do for Humanity!