Help Us Help People
St. Vincent de Paul is one of the largest volunteer sites in Green Bay on a weekly basis. Operated primarily with volunteer power, we need your time and unique talents!
We serve all - we welcome all. We are looking for volunteers to sort and prepare merchandise, work directly with those in need, help with office and committee work, or offer a friendly "Hello" to merchandise donors.
There is no end to the types of opportunities available at St. Vincent de Paul, whether for a while or for a brief time.
“For a While” Volunteers
St. Vincent de Paul volunteers find meaning and purpose as they strive to support the work that helps families here in Green Bay stay in their homes, keep their lights on, and put clothes on their backs.
Our facility is clean and organized. Have fun while enjoying personal fulfillment and the friendship of fellow volunteers. Join our growing group of helpers!
“For a Brief Time” Volunteers
Whether for school, scholarship or court service, we have a variety of enjoyable “brief-time” volunteer opportunities. To get started, fill out the online application below. Applications are reviewed weekly. Students 13 years of age and younger are welcome with an adult family member.
Once your application is submitted and reviewed, you will be given access to our Volunteer Information Center (VIC), where you will be able to:
- review our Volunteer Expectations
- self-schedule for volunteer openings
- review and print your service history
- update your profile information
- receive messages and other information from the volunteer office
St. Vinny's Thrift Store East
920 Weise Street
Green Bay, WI 54302
St. Vinny's Thrift Store West
940 Hansen Road
Green Bay, WI 54304
St. Vinny's Dig & Save Outlet
2121 Van Deuren Street
Green Bay, WI 54302
St. Vinny's East Donation Center
1529 Leo Frigo Way
Green Bay, WI 54302
Top 10 “For a While” Volunteer Needs
- Processing Afternoons – many opportunities in our East processing center. Choose your favorite department – sporting goods, electronics, small appliance, linens! Flexible hours, on-going need.
- Donation Attendant – greet donors, unload vehicles, write receipts, and sort donated items at all thrift stores – flexible hours, on-going need (Especially Monday and Tuesday mornings!).
- Picture Framer – repair, clean, and re-frame large pictures at our East processing center – flexible hours, on-going need.
- Furniture – write sales slips for furniture at our East thrift store – flexible but steady hours, on-going need.
- eBay Assistant – Help clean/prepare offerings for our online eBay store. Morning hours. Training and direction provided.
- Holiday – Every day is a holiday! Test and price holiday items at our East processing center – flexible hours, on-going need.
- Lamps – test, clean, fix, and price lamps at our East processing center – flexible hours, on-going need.
- Cashier/Bagging – scan items for purchase, handle monetary transactions/put items in bags according to customer instructions.
- Electrical – test and repair small appliances at our East processing center – flexible hours, on-going need.
- Scrap Metal – strip down small appliances and large equipment for recycling at our East processing center – flexible hours, on-going need.
Hi! I’m Lynn, volunteer coordinator for the three St. Vincent de Paul locations. Thank you for your interest in helping us help people!
Volunteering is an excellent way for people of all ages to gain new experiences and skills, working side by side with people different from themselves.
Because of my background in education, I try to make each volunteer experience a learning one.
My goal is to create a positive volunteer experience for you or your group, matching your ability/availability with the needs of our stores.
I, myself, have volunteered for many organizations in Green Bay, and each experience enhanced my skills and helped me grow. I look forward to meeting you and doing the same for you!
- Have a group interested in helping? Contact me!
- Interested in a tour? Email me to set a date.
- Looking for community service hours? When completing your application, be specific about the number of hours needed and your deadline.