Help Us Help People
St Vincent de Paul is one of the largest volunteer sites in Green Bay on a weekly basis. Operated primarily with volunteer power, we need your time and unique talents!
We serve all - we welcome all. We are looking for volunteers to sort and prepare merchandise, work directly with those in need, help with office and committee work, or offer a friendly "Hello" to merchandise donors.
There is no end to the types of opportunities available at St Vincent de Paul, whether for a while or for a brief time.
“For a While” Volunteers
St Vincent de Paul volunteers find meaning and purpose as they strive to support the work that helps families here in Green Bay stay in their homes, keep their lights on, and put clothes on their backs.
Our facility is clean and organized. Have fun while enjoying personal fulfillment and the friendship of fellow volunteers. Join our growing group of helpers!
Be sure to check our Top 10 list of “for a while” volunteer opportunities! Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 920-435-4040 ext.107 or Email for your personal tour of opportunities today.
“For a Brief Time” Volunteers
Whether for school, scholarship or court service, we have a variety of enjoyable “brief-time” volunteer opportunities. To get started, fill out the online application below. Applications are reviewed weekly. Students 13 years of age and younger are welcome with an adult family member.
Once your application is submitted and reviewed, you will be given access to our Volunteer Information Center (VIC), where you will be able to:
- review our Volunteer Expectations
- self-schedule for volunteer openings
- review and print your service history
- update your profile information
- receive messages and other information from the volunteer office
St Vinny's Thrift Store East
1529 Leo Frigo Way
Green Bay, WI 54302
St Vinny's Thrift Store West
940 Hansen Road
Green Bay, WI 54304
St Vinny's Dig & Save Outlet
2121 Van Deuren Street
Green Bay, WI 54302
Top 10 “For a While” Volunteer Needs
- Processing Afternoons – Many opportunities in our East processing center. Choose your favorite department – sporting goods, electronics, small appliance, linens! Flexible hours, on-going need.
- Back to School Coordinator – oversee St. Vincent de Paul’s portion of the city-wide Back to School Store – meet with potential patrons – organize paperwork, supplies, and volunteers – starts now, ends in Sept.
- Picture Framer – repair, clean, and re-frame large pictures at our East processing center – flexible hours, on-going need.
- Furniture – write sales slips for furniture at our East thrift store – flexible but steady hours, on-going need.
- Energy Assistance Intake – help those in need complete energy assistance paperwork one on one – steady hours, through Oct.
- Holiday – Every day is a holiday! Test and price holiday items at our East processing center – flexible hours, on-going need.
- Lamps – test, clean, fix, and price lamps at our East processing center – flexible hours, on-going need.
- Donation Attendant – greet donors, unload vehicles, write receipts, and sort donated items at all thrift stores – flexible hours, on-going need.
- Cashier/Bagging – scan items for purchase, handle monetary transactions/put items in bags according to customer instructions.
- Electrical – test and repair small appliances at our East processing center – flexible hours, on-going need.